Glamour and Style
by stephanie toews | photos by nathan satran
The 2021 Image Builders Parade Home in The Nines Subdivision is unlike anything Billings has seen before! When you step inside, you’re transported to the art deco period with rich colors, geometric patterns, and decadent detail work throughout. Take a look into the unexpected design elements in this home where glamour and style collide.
Designer and wife of Greg Schmidt, one of the Image Builders partners, Brooke Schmidt, says, “I was going for an art deco feel in this house,” and this home is undoubtedly a nod to that era. For example, in the kitchen, she chose granite countertops and a wood slab breakfast bar for a dramatic statement in place of the marble and quartz that have been trending as of late.
Polished gold accents and jewel-toned chairs lend a Hollywood feel to this space, along with high-end appliances and a large pantry.
The ceilings throughout this home are taken to new heights making daring and bold statements. From the box ceiling in the grand living room to the geometric, jewel-toned wallpaper accent in one of the primary suites and a moody vibe in the hallway, the unexpected details of the ceilings throughout this home are extraordinary.
Art Deco elements can be felt throughout the home, and the primary bath is no exception. The basketweave tile runner is an intricate work of art leading to a classic black, white, and gold, cast-iron clawfoot tub beautifully highlighted by polished gold fixtures. It’s a dreamy space filled with natural lighting created for those craving relaxation.
Geometric wallpaper serves as a beautiful backdrop for the TV flanked by lighting Brooke chose for a “theater vibe” in the family room. A built-in minibar with an ornately detailed tile backsplash continues the artistic feel from the rest of the house.
The curved metal staircase was hand-drawn and stands as a marvelous work of art.
Image Builders strives to create quality, custom-built homes with one-of-a-kind elements and this stunning home certainly hits the mark!
Special thanks to the following sources and suppliers for their contributions to this stunning home.
- Appliances/ Bath Hardware/Plumbing Materials – Ferguson
- Architect/Plan Design – Lines & Designs
- Audio/Video – Home Theaters & More
- Bank/Lending – Yellowstone Bank– Ferguson
- Cabinets – Wilson Cabinetry
- Carpentry/Framing Materials – Grand Lumber
- Concrete Supplier – Knife River
- Concrete Foundation – Fleury Concrete
- Countertops – Magic City Granite
- Custom Closet Supplies – A & H Turf
- Door Hardware/Exterior Doors/Windows – Pella Windows & Doors
- Door Hardware Installation – Image Builders
- Doors (Garage) – Bailey Garage Doors
- Doors (Interior) – Grand Lumber
- Drywall Hanging Materials/Roofing Materials – Pacific Supply
- Drywall Tape & Texture Materials/Paint – Sherwin Williams
- Fireplace – R & T Services
- Floor Coverings – Carpet One
- Furniture/Interior Décor– Ethan Allen
- HVAC – Wallis Mechanical
- Insulation – Billings Insulation
- Interior Design – Brooke Schmidt Image Builders
- Mirrors – Montana Glass & Shower Door
- Shower Doors – Montana Glass & Shower Door
- Siding Materials – Grand Lumber
- Soffit/Fascia – Dustin Davison Construction
- Tile – Carpet One
- Title Company – First American Title
- Trusses – Pride Industries
A Home Built for Family
When local couple Calvin and Melissa Walter set out to build their dream home, they never imagined that it would end up being an award-winning adventure. Nevertheless, their two-story modern farmhouse in The Nines Subdivision emerged as recipient of the 2021 Parade of Homes People’s Choice Award.