The cast of Roald Dahl’s CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY, coming to ABT March 2, 2022 | by Jeremy Daniel
ABT Announces Full Capacity 2021-'22 Season
June 28, 2021
by rebecca stewart
The theater is dark no more! After a lengthier than expected intermission, Alberta Bair Theater has announced its lineup for the highly anticipated 2021-'22 season in its magnificently renovated spaces. Featuring performers of the highest caliber, this season will showcase the historic $13.6 million renovation and expansion. Mark your calendars because tickets go on sale July 10, 2021 at 8am at the ABT Box Office Window (2801 3rd Avenue North) and at 10am via phone (406.256.6052) and the ABT website.
Get an inside look at ALL the things with ABT's Open House - also on July 10 from 11am-2pm. The season preview video will be shown every half hour while ABT Executive Director, Jan Dietrich, will be leading tours on the hour at 11am, 12pm, and 1pm. Odds are, you'll be downtown enjoying the Strawberry Festival, so pop on by ABT, marvel at the renovation and expansion while picking out your seating for upcoming shows!
If you're someone who would like to lock in the best prices and same seats for each performance in a series, subscriptions to the Broadway, Performing Arts, Outstanding Performances, and National Geographic Live series may be purchased NOW at the box office window. (Series subscriptions are not sold by phone or via the website). To guarantee the same seat for each performance, new subscribers are encouraged to sign up before July 9.
“We are thrilled to be welcoming full capacity audiences to LIVE entertainment in our beautifully renovated theater in September,” says Ron Yates, chair of the Alberta Bair Theater Board of Directors. “We have been planning our grand re-opening celebration for months and are extremely proud of our staff and board of directors for getting us through a total theater renovation in addition to these unprecedented times. Live performing arts is exactly what many of us need personally while also bringing tremendous tangible and intangible benefits to our community.”
The theater, which has been closed to the public since April 2019, will open this momentous season with Emmy and Tony Award winning actress and singer Kristin Chenoweth on September 18. Chenoweth's career spans film, television, voiceover, and stage. She has performed to sold-out audiences across the world, including on Broadway, at Carnegie Hall, and Royal Albert Hall. Her most recent album, For the Girls is a heartfelt tribute to great female singers throughout history.
Kristin Chenoweth photo by KristaSchlueter
"We can't wait to have crews loading in shows," says Jan Dietrich. Adding that "patrons will absolutely love their new experience with the theater's new lighting, sound, seats, and concessions. An evening at Alberta Bair was [worth] the wait!"
COMING THIS SEASON AT ALBERTA BAIR THEATER
All performances begin at 7:30pm unless otherwise noted. Find full performance descriptions at https://www.albertabairtheater.org/
- September 18 | Kristin Chenoweth
- September 21 | John Driskell Hopkins Band
- October 1 | Quarteto Nuevo
- October 28 | National Geographic Live: Ocean Soul with Brian Skerry
- November 6 | Raul Midón
- December 2 | The Simon & Garfunkel Story
- December 15 | Santa Saves Christmas
- December 31 | Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
- January 28 | National Geographic Live: View From Above with Terry Virts
- February 2 | compagnie Hervé Koubi
- February 18 | The Choir of Man
- February 24 | Estonian Philharmonic Chamber Choir
- February 26 | International Guitar Night
- March 2 | Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- March 6 | Nobuntu (3pm)
- March 18 | National Geographic Live: Untamed with Felipe DeAndrade
- March 19 | The British Invasion
- March 27 | Beautiful - The Carole King Musical (8pm)
- March 30 | The Magic of Bill Blagg Live
- April 1 | Aquila Theatre: Shakespeare's Macbeth
- April 25 | An Evening with David Sedaris
- April 29 | TAIKOPROJECT
In addition to its 2021-'22 season and Student Matinee Series, ABT is hosting the following performances (current as the date of this announcement. Shows will be added):
- September 25 | Billings Symphony presents Pictures
- September 30 | Pub Station presents Josh Turner (Tickets on sale now!)
- October 20 | Warren Miller’s 72nd Film (National Tour)
- October 23 | Billings Symphony presents Buffalo Crossing
- November 13 | comedy beCAUSE benefiting Family Promise
- November 21 | Faith E presents Zach Williams Tickets on sale now! Fewer than 100 tickets remain!
- November 26, 27, 28 | The Nutcracker
- December 18, 19 | Billings Symphony Country Christmas
- February 2 | Billings Symphony presents Appalachian Spring
- March 12 | Billings Symphony presents May The Score Be With You
- April 23 | Billings Symphony presents Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9