The Family Tree Center Presents the 36th Annual Festival of Trees
November 30, 2021
The Family Tree Center's beloved kickoff to the holiday season is back in-person this year at the MetraPark Montana Pavilion, December 2-4, 2021. The Billings Exchange Clubs’ Child Abuse Prevention Center's Festival of Trees is in its 36th year and is boasting all of the usual goodness, along with a fun new addition!
A veritable Winter Wonderland in the theme of Christmas in Montana, the Pavilion will be filled with up to 40 beautifully and uniquely decorated trees that will be auctioned off in live and online auctions (along with Gift Baskets and Wreaths). The Gala Dinner and Tree Auction launches the event on Thursday, December 2 at 6pm.
- The evening begins with a Champagne Reception,
- followed by a delicious Holiday Dinner,
- and then the grand finale: the Live Auction of the Trees.
- Tickets: $75/person or $800 for a corporate table (includes a reserved table of 8, recognition at the event and in the program, and 2 complimentary bottles of wine)
A portion of the trees and all of the baskets are available for online bidding, which will end Saturday, December 5.
The Festival of Trees is The Family Tree Center's primary fundraiser and funds the nonprofit agency's programs that provide support and education for parents and caregivers in order to Build Strong Families and Prevent Child Abuse and Neglect in our community. Services are provided at no-cost for self-referred families and are available to all families in the community.
While Thursday evening is for the grown ups, there is fun for the whole family throughout the weekend:
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 3rd SCHEDULE:
- 9-11am | Special Viewing (for nursing homes, senior centers, schools)
- 1-3pm | Tea in the Trees (Tickets: $15 in advance / $20 at the door / $80 for reserved tables of 8)
- 5-8pm | Family Fun Night, Gift Boutique & Entertainment
Tea in the Trees allows attendees to stroll through the beautifully decorated trees while enjoying tea, coffee, cider, and goodies; reveling in live music by the Baker Family, a style show by Dillard's (emceed by Q2's Victoria Hill), and door prizes!
Find great holiday gift ideas at the Gift Boutique - shop the local, handmade gifts, home décor, stocking stuffers, and more!
Family Fun Night is sponsored by St. Vincent Healthcare and includes games and activities (at no extra charge, just the admission fee).
- Santa will be available for photo opportunities Friday evening and Saturday. (No charge if you take your own pics, however there will be a photographer there if you'd like to purchase professional photos).
NEW THIS YEAR!!
Yellowstone Valley Skating Center will have their synthetic ice available for kids and adults to try out. They will also be performing skating demonstrations. Skates will be available to borrow. (No extra charge for your trips around the ice).
- Ice Hours: Friday 5pm-8pm & Saturday 10am-5pm
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 4th SCHEDULE:
- 10am-5pm | Tree Viewing, Gift Boutique, and Entertainment
- 11am-5pm | Brunch with Santa (No extra charge, just cost of admission)
- 10am-5pm | Synthetic Ice Rink
Brunch with Santa includes juice, pastries, and fruit along with a visit from Santa. Santa will be available for photos from 10-11am and 1-5pm.
Admission to the Festival of Trees:
Friday 3pm–8pm and Saturday all day is: $5 per person and $15 per family (2 adults); children 6 and younger are free.
Giving a Gift to Students in Need
The only Title high school in town, and with a student body surpassing 1,900 students, Senior has the largest homeless and At-Risk population. Nine years ago, a parent decided more help was needed for these young people and approached the Senior High admin to present the Gift Card Drive
Simple, Seasonal, and Stylish: 5 Festive Ways to Deck the Halls
When it comes to Christmas décor, it keeps things fun and fresh when you subtly change things up each year. Consider switching up the accent color of your tree, new placement of old decorations, or unexpected pops of Christmas in rooms throughout your home.