Teamwork Makes the Dream Work: 2023 Day of Action
May 24, 2023
United Way of Yellowstone County Media Release
Team Building moments are not always what dreams are made of, but if your company/organization is looking for such an opportunity that leaves everyone feeling good and accomplished, then you'll definitely want to get registered for United Way of Yellowstone County's 2023 Day of Action. Held on Wednesday, June 21 at Dover Park in partnership with Yellowstone River Parks Association, registration is open from May 22 to June 9.
Day of Action is United Way’s annual community-wide volunteer mobilization effort.
United Way explains that this experience plants seeds for the importance of volunteerism, mental health, and the great outdoors. In hopes of having a record-breaking year of volunteer turnout, there are many projects that are in need of volunteers: trail restoration, removing invasive trees, rock spreading around benches and shelter areas, old fencing removal, new fencing installation, landscaping and more!
How Does a Company Participate?
- Register your company team on YouCanVolunteer.org between May 22 and June 9
- Select a team leader for your team
- Average size of a team is 10-12
- If needed, smaller teams or individuals will be paired with others to form a team
- Send out the link to sign-up team members, do not add them yourself
- Make sure all sign-up requirements are completed
- Have team leader participate in brief orientation from 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. on June 15
- Receive and distribute pertinent information to other team members
As a thank you, participants are invited to a post-event celebration hosted at Tiny's Tavern. Expect heavy appetizers and snacks for all participants.