Modern Mid-Century Marvel
October 2020 | by stephanie toews, photos by nathan satran
Take a step inside the 2020 Parade home by Image Builders. This a modern one-level, 5000 square foot home features nods to mid-century modern details sprinkled throughout.
Open Concept Living
With soaring 13-foot ceilings, the open floor plan encompasses the kitchen, dining, and living space.
The beautiful blending of dark cabinetry, metal accents, and white tile and countertops are artfully balanced by the warmth of wood cabinets and trim throughout this custom kitchen.
Dine and Recline
The open (glass-free), three-sided peninsula gas fireplace is framed with trending Terrazzo-style tile surround.
13-foot ceilings in this space resemble floating clouds that accommodate flush LED light strips for beautiful evening ambiance.
Expansive Entertainment Space
Floor-to-ceiling windows and a large 20x10 foot patio door (which opens to more entertainment space outdoors) allow for floods of natural lighting to envelop the living room.
The mid-century wood slat accent wall packs a powerful statement in the living room.
Style and Relaxation
A nod to designer Brooke Schmidt-
Many design elements are attributed to Brooke Schmidt (wife of Greg Schmidt, Image Builder partner). Brooke’s eye for detail is evident throughout the home’s fixtures, flooring surfaces, and more. While she prefers to work behind the scenes, she was instrumental in helping to pull the entire house together! Her attention to detail is impeccable, and her style and thought process make this home stylish, comfortable, realistic, and functional.
Luxurious Master Bathroom
The master bath, with its spacious ceilings and large windows, features double vanities, a tiled, walk-in shower, soaking tub, and gorgeous light fixtures for the ultimate relaxing, spa-like experience.
The golf simulator by Full Swing Golf is the same one that golfer Tiger Woods has in his home. It can record your swing, play 87 different courses, provide remote coaching lessons, and give detailed and accurate swing information to the golfer.
Tucked directly opposite the golf simulator and wet bar is a bonus entertainment space with room for a pool table and relaxation area for friends and family to gather for a game, movie night, or gaming.
The Cherry on Top- A Backyard Oasis
The intentionally designed u-shape of the house creates a private outdoor area protected from the elements, complete with a large covered patio and grilling area, a sunken fire pit, overhead heaters for chilly evenings, a hot tub, and a grand pool!
Sources and Sub-Contractors-
- Appliances/Bath Hardware/Light Fixtures/Plumbing Materials- Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
- Architect/Plan Design- Lines & Design
- Audio/Video- Home Theaters & More
- Bank/Lending- Yellowstone Bank
- Cabinets- Wilson Cabinetry
- Carpentry/Framing Materials- Grand Lumber
- Concrete Flatwork Supplier- Fisher Sand & Gravel
- Concrete Foundation Supplier- Knife River
- Concrete Foundation- Fleury Concrete
- Countertops- Magic City Granite
- Custom Closet Supplies- A & H Turf
- Custom Closet- Image Builders
- Door Hardware/Doors (exterior)/Windows- Pella Windows and Doors
- Door Hardware Installation- Image Builders
- Door (garage)- Bailey Garage Doors
- Doors (interior)- Grand Lumber
- Drywall Hanging Materials- Pacific Supply
- Drywall Tape and Texture Materials/ Paint Supplier- Sherwin Williams
- Fireplace- R & T Services
- Floor Coverings/Tile- Carpet One
- Furniture/ Interior Decor- Ethan Allen
- HVAC- Wallis Mechanical
- Insulation- Billings Insulation
- Interior Trim/Hardware Materials- Wilson Cabinetry, A & H Turf
- Pool- 5 Star Pool and Spa
- Roofing Materials- Pacific Supply, Bridger Steel
- Soffit/Fascia- Dustin Davison Construction
- Title- First American Title
- Trusses- Pride Industries
- Window Coverings- Budget Blinds