Bake This: Beer Cookies
December 2020 | recipe courtesy of Veronika Baukema, photos by Renata Haidle
This is a very simple recipe requiring only three ingredients. You can make the cookies sweet or savory.
recipe: BEER COOKIES
- 225g butter or margarine
- 1 cup of beer (any kind)
- 1 3/4 cups of flour
- Shred the cold butter (or margarine) into the flour. Mix with a fork, or use a pastry cutter. Add the cold beer. On a floured work surface, knead lightly. If the dough is still sticking, add a little bit of flour. Shape into a flattened ball, wrap in plastic, and chill for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Divide the dough in half. Keep one half in the plastic wrap while you work with the other. Roll out the dough, about 1/8 inch thick. Use a cookie cutter or a pizza cutter, and make any desired shapes (squares, triangles, etc.), be creative!
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet and sprinkle the top with sugar or salt.
- Bake at 350F for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden.