2022 4th of July Celebrations
June 22, 2022
by rebecca stewart
As we prepare to gather in celebration of our beautiful, complicated country, we've compiled a list of things happening in and around our community this Fourth of July.
CLOSE TO HOME
Known for lighting up the night sky with the “biggest fireworks display in the state,” crowds of people descend upon Laurel each year to experience this incredible show and the fun and celebrations that come before it.
- Laurel Street Dance- Sunday, July 3 @ 8pm-Midnight (gates open 7pm)
- at KC's Palace Bar & Lanes, 305 E Main Street (bars inside and outside)
- Ages 21+
- Gate Admission: $10
- Live Music: Sanctuary
- Food provided by Laurel Dodgers
July 4 Schedule
- 6:30am (8-milers) // 7am (2- and 4-milers), Chief Joseph Run- Begins at Thomson Park picnic shelter (East 6th Street). Register up until July 3 at https://runsignup.com/Race/MT/Laurel/ChiefJosephUphillRun
- 7am-11am, Laurel Jaycees Pancake Breakfast– Held at Fireman’s Park, Main Street and 1st Avenue, sponsored by Laurel Exchange Club
- 9am-9pm- Food & Craft Fair– Held on the outer edges of Thomson Park (1st Avenue & East 8th Street), look for tasty eats, creative fare, activities, entertainment, and music. (Go here: http://www.laurelmontana.org/july-4th-celebration for updated info)
- 11am- The Grand Parade (theme: Party in the USA), the parade starts at Alder Avenue, going west on Main Street, to First Avenue, north to 8th Street, and west to 3rd Avenue.
- 12pm- Cornhole Tournament- On the High School lawn, sponsored by the Laurel Education Foundation.
- The Main Event: Fireworks as soon as it gets dark! Sponsored by the Laurel Volunteer Firemen. Thomson Park, Laurel High School’s lawn and beyond fills up quickly, so be sure to get there early to secure your spot.
Celebrate Freedom Fireworks Show
It’s fun for the whole family at Harvest Church’s Celebrate Freedom festivities, held once again at MetraPark's Chiesa Plaza. Attendees are welcome to bring food, drinks, coolers, and chairs (and you might also want to bring all-weather gear, while you're at it). There will be live entertainment, food trucks and concessions starting at 7pm on July 4. Fireworks make an explosive appearance at dark from Metra's old racetrack/grandstands area, which means parking will be available in the upper and lower lots.
- 7pm, the fun begins!
- Free Admission
- 7-7:30pm | Pattycakes the Clown
- 8-10pm | Counting Coup performs
- Fireworks at dark
- Fireworks music broadcast by 97.1 Kiss FM and 102.9 Cat Country
New this year: Harvest will give out free glow gear, sidewalk chalk, flags, pinwheels, stickers, and other goodies for the kids, as well as free bottled water, while supplies last.
DOWN THE ROAD
Roundup Independence Days Extravaganza (RIDE)
The Fourth of July festivities in Roundup are too big to be contained to just one day, so hit the highway and head up the road to the Roundup Independence Days Extravaganza. This 4-day festival is all about celebrating western history and national pride with live music, parades, fireworks, kids activities, the MidWay West Carnival, Rodeo Roundup's PRCA Rodeo, and a family-friendly Top Shot Competition. A RIDE Wristband ($45/ages 12+, $5/youth, ages 6-12, Free/ages 5 and younger) does not include admission to PRCA Rodeos. Food and vendors will be at the concerts all three nights, don’t forget your chairs and blankets!
Get your RIDE Wristbands at:
- In Roundup: First Security Bank, Picchioni's IGA, State Liquor Store #44, Roundup Skylighter's Fireworks;
- Online: https://www.visitroundup.com/ride
- At the gate
2022 RIDE Schedule | July 1-4, 2022
Red Lodge Home of Champions Rodeo & Parades
It’s traditional 4th of July at its very finest in Red Lodge, MT. The Home of Champions Rodeo has been a part of the community for 92 years! Pull on those boots and make your way to the mountains for a “ropin’ and ridin, singin’ and swingin’ good time!”
The Home of Champions Rodeo action runs at the Red Lodge Rodeo Grounds:
- July 1 @ 6pm (PRCA Xtreme Bulls)
- July 2 @ 6pm
- July 3 @ 6pm
- July 4 @ 3pm
For tickets or more information call 406.446.1718 or go to http://redlodgerodeo.com. Rodeo tickets can be purchased in Billings at Billings Kubota, 5548 Holiday Ave.
Parades start each day (July 2-4), promptly at noon. This year’s theme is “Home of Champions: Strength of character, integrity of a handshake, with fierce determination!” with 2022’s Grand Marshall, Kristina “Mensik” Lohmuller – Miss Rodeo Montana 2001.
Parade registration starts at 10am at the Veteran's Memorial Civic Center parking lot each day. The parade route will head North on Broadway to 5th Street.