Drinkable Desserts: Palisades Park
article & photos by renata haidle
Take advantage of the seasonal presence of peppermint products available in the grocery stores and try this drinkable dessert named after a popular Red Lodge Mountain ski run. Inspired by a long day on the ski slopes, it is equally great as an after-dinner cocktail or as an afternoon pick-me-up. Health-conscious people beware: this drink does not skimp on calories, yet it is tasty enough to make it worth the splurge.
- 2 oz Irish cream liqueur
- 2 oz Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur)
- 4 scoops of Häagen-Dazs Peppermint Bark ice cream
- 2 squares of Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark dark chocolate
- 2 oz coconut milk (alternately, you can use half and half if allergic to coconut)
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Orange slices for garnishing, optional
- ¼ cup sugar for rimming the glasses, optional
Makes 2 servings.
In a food processor, place the ice cream, Frangelico, Irish cream liqueur, chocolate squares, and coconut milk. Blend for 10-15 seconds until the chocolate has been broken into very small pieces. Divide between two chilled 8 oz. glasses rimmed with sugar. Top with whipped cream. Add a slice of orange, if desired. Serve immediately.