photo by Laura Gomez via Unsplash
CLDI Prepares for the 2020 South Side Christmas Stores
(And You Can Help Make it Happen!)
November 9, 2020
The pandemic has certainly decimated many a plan, but Community Leadership & Development, Inc. is determined that not be the case for its annual Christmas Stores. This year, CLDI has once again partnered with Orchard Elementary and Riverside Middle Schools, both located in the heart of the South Side, to host these unique shopping opportunities.
- The Orchard Elementary Christmas Store is intended to provide parents with a sense of pride and accomplishment through a dignified means of purchasing gifts this holiday season.
- The Riverside Middle School Store exists to give students the opportunity to give gifts to family and friends. This year will be the 12th year to host the Orchard Store and the 3rd year with the Riverside Store.
- Through this work, the organization has found that it is empowering to families, creating this opportunity that allows them to provide for their own shopping needs. Last year, 60 families were served, representing 184 children and 279 middle school students, representing innumerable parents, guardians, and family members. All of these lives were impacted because of the generosity of amazing volunteers and partner organizations!
At these stores all the gifts are new and that can't happen without the generosity of this community. New gifts are donated and then sold at drastically reduced prices, allowing parents and students the opportunity to see their dollar go that much further this holiday season.
That being said, would you be willing to…
- Shop for brand new gifts? Items could range from gifts for kids (LEGO sets, games, crafts, sports equipment, etc.) to items for adults (spa kits, wallets, gloves, bluetooth speakers, etc.)
- Donate funds? (this allows others to purchase gifts to be sold at the stores)
Rail//Line Coffee is serving as the gift drop off site.
- Please have all (unwrapped) items dropped off by Wednesday, December 9th.
- Rail Line Address: 104 S. 29th Street, Billings, MT 59101