A Grateful Community Plans Billings Healthcare Appreciation Day
November 8, 2020
In response to the growing number of COVID-19 cases and increased hospitalizations across Montana and our own Yellowstone County, the Billings Chamber and Big Sky Economic Development, as partners with the Yellowstone Economic Response and Recovery Team, have launched the Healthcare Appreciation Day campaign.
The date? Friday, November 13, 2020. The plan? To provide a $10 gift card from a local business to give to EVERY one of our local healthcare workers. The reality? That's 10,000+ gift cards needed to bring this plan to fruition by this Friday.
A tight window, sure, so let's get straight to How can you help:
1. Purchase a $10 gift card at your favorite local store and deliver it to:
- Big Sky Economic Development – Mon-Wed (Nov 9-11) 8am-5pm
- Billings Chamber of Commerce – Mon (Nov 9); Tues (Nov 10); Wed (Nov 11); 10am-12pm
- Billings Community Foundation – Mon, Nov 9 – Wed, Nov 11: 12-3pm
- Email Melanie and we will pick up!
2. Donate to the cause and someone from the organizing team will purchase the gift card(s) for you:
- All gift cards and donations need to be received by 5pm on Wednesday, November 11.
- DONATE HERE
3. SPREAD THE WORD!
- Please share this so everyone in our community can participate!
- We encourage you to share this message on your social media platforms, text/call your friends and family, and email your co-workers!
- CLICK HERE to share the Chamber's Facebook post!
A team of volunteers will safely (masked and socially distanced) gather on Thursday to assemble thank you cards along with the gift cards to distribute on Friday. In this season of gratitude and giving, thank you for helping to spread the love to our healthcare workers on the frontline of this pandemic!