Summer Grilling Go-to Burger Guide
July 1, 2019 | recipes by carole davenport
In SFM's July issue we combined Fourth of July traditions with must-include recipes to your festivities. We knew we needed a deeper dive into the grilling/sliders section, so we've pulled the best burger and slider recipes from the archives and created this special Summer Grilling Go-To Guide.
Taco Bell Mini Meatballs
- 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cups plain dried bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Mix all ingredients together except for the oil. (I always use my hands to mix).
- Form into 1 1/2” balls.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottom skillet, preferably a cast-iron, on medium heat.
- Place meatballs into the oil using a long-handled spoon.
- Slowly simmer the meatballs, turning gently and frequently to brown all sides.
- The meatball is cooked when you slice one open and there is no more pink color to the meat.
Sweet and Sour Roast Beef Brisket
- 1 (3 pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat 3 tablespoon of canola oil in a large skillet (cast iron is my favorite skillet) over medium-high heat. Cook beef roast in the hot oil until browned completely, 2 to 3 minutes per side; place beef roast in a slow cooker.
- Stir tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, cider vinegar, and salt together in a bowl; pour over the roast.
- Cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours (or on High for 5 to 6 hours).
- Remove roast to a platter or cutting board. Allow to cool slightly. Using a fork in each hand, separate the meat by pulling it apart.