by anna rogers | photos by nathan satran
The Ban name has become synonymous with custom, quality-built homes in Billings. Ban Construction homes adhere to the highest standards, and their 2022 Parade home was no exception. Located in The Nines, this West End home greets you with landscaping inspired by Montana’s creek beds, showcasing winding rock beds with natural textures and perennial plantings. Come in through the front door or walk through the breezeway, across a private driveway area, and into the “garage.”
The home’s garage is spacious, with plenty of room for vehicles and adequate room for hanging out. This space has a “man cave” vibe, complete with a golf simulator, its own powder room, and a kitchenette that opens to the garage space.
From the garage, it’s easy access to the dining and kitchen area, with a wet bar all set to mix the perfect cocktail for kicking back and relaxing. The warm, wooden tones of the bar and beams are continued throughout the home, accentuated with beautiful stone like the white granite island top and the wraparound rock of the fireplace.
The kitchen is dreamy and roomy, with plenty of space to sit or cook and ample cabinet space to store and display dishes. Behind the seamless large “cabinet” doors in the corner of the kitchen lies a hidden pantry with more storage and room to walk around to find just what you need.
The living room is the central gathering space of this one-level home, and the fireplace is the room's focal point. Beams overhead draw your eye to the shapes and textures of the rock and invite you to relax while natural light pours in through the large windows overlooking the back patio.
The covered patio is cozy and protected from the elements by the shape of the home – a beautiful space of respite to sit and enjoy the fresh Montana air. The use of rock and the chosen colors, furniture, and décor make the patio feel like an extension of the home – warm and inviting.
Back inside the home is a custom office space with beams that match the texture of the desk and a faux wall that’s one of Tana Ban’s specialties and a feature of any Ban-built home. Elements like this and intricate attention to detail give Ban-built homes a unique feel.
The Grand Suite of the home is adorned with more breathtaking beams, custom stonework, and warm tones. It connects to a Grand Bath with his & hers sinks that waterfall into a luxurious tub. Around the bathroom’s island are a walk-in shower and walk-in toilet room.
Just off the bathroom is the Grand Suite’s walk-in closet. The exterior walls provide ample space and shelving, and a central island offers more storage and countertop space. This convenient, efficient space allows for washing, drying, folding, and putting clothes away without leaving the closet! There is even a small nook with a sink – perfect for making a morning cup of coffee without stepping foot out of the comfort of the bedroom.
The Ban Parade Home boasts two additional bedrooms, each with their own baths, another laundry room, and a sitting room and bathroom near the home’s front entrance. Around every corner is a distinctive detail to be admired, and each room displays the quality and craftsmanship of the Ban name.
Source and Suppliers-
- Appliances- Freds Appliance
- Architect- Impact Drafting & Design
- Artwork, Furniture- Timesquare Furniture
- Audio/Video- Home Theaters & More
- Bank/Lending- Stockman Bank
- Bath Hardware- Keller Supply
- Bath and Door Interior Trim and Hardware Installation, Custom Closet- Halton Homes
- Cabinets- Kosmann’s
- Carpentry/Framing Materials, Custom Closet Materials, Siding, Soffit/Facia Supplier- Bloedorn Lumber
- Concrete Supplier- Knife River
- Concrete Foundation- FKF Concrete
- Countertops- Magic City Granite
- Door Hardware- A&H Turf
- Doors (Exterior), Windows- Pella Windows & Doors
- Doors (Garage)- Bailey Garage Doors
- Drywall Materials- Pacific Supply
- Electrician- GPS Electric
- Faux Finishing, Interior Design- Tana Ban, Ban Construction
- Fireplace- Fireplace Center
- Flooring/Tile- Rich’s Flooring
- Insulation- Billings Insulation
- Landscaping, Sprinkler Systems- S&B Landscaping
- Lighting Fixture Installation- GPS Electric
- Masonry- Harper Masonry
- Paint Supplier- Sherwin Williams
- Painter, Siding, Soffit/Fascia Installation- Ban Construction
- Plumbing Supplies- Keller Supply
- Roofing Supplies- Pacific Supply
- Title Company- First Montana Title
- Trusses- Pride Industries
- Window Coverings- All Kinds of Blinds
Originally printed in the November 2022 issue of Simply Local Magazine
Never miss an issue, check out SLM's digital editions here!
Anna Rogers is a transplant from the Carolinas with a background in marketing and graphic communications. She is a wife and mother who loves to garden, cook, and practice yoga. Anna is passionate about travel, which at its core is really a passion for people, as she believes people and community are what truly bring life and beauty into a place.