Choosing the Magic City
December 1, 2019 | by stephanie toews | photos by lovely hitchcock
Branding Iron- Building Dreams
6725 Elder Grove Lane was Branding Iron’s first Parade entry last year, and it is available for purchase. Read on to find out why Jarrett and Karen Smith chose our community for their forever city.
Quality and Lasting Value
Branding Iron Construction owner Jarrett Smith is no stranger to construction, “I grew up building things. I built my first custom homes in 1997.” Jarrett’s homebuilding focus is not on quantity but rather quality and lasting value.
When asked about his unique approach to building homes, he said, “I supervise all aspects of construction with quality being a top priority. Not having a job foreman or supervisor keeps our overhead low, which lets us put better products, and higher quality subcontractors in our homes for similar prices as our competitors.”
Customer service is of equal priority, and Jarrett prides himself on dedication to his clients. He values communication and building relationships through the process. Jarrett is also quick to credit his wife Karen for her skills as a C.P.A. “… having her do the accounting is a huge benefit. Her strengths help to balance my shortcomings.”
Focus on Family Fun
The open concept lower level of the home is perfectly suited for an active family. Roomy enough to house a game area, wet bar with a sleek, powder-coated peninsula, and a theater/gaming area to entertain guests and make family memories. The metallic epoxy concrete floor is a beautiful and unique choice for low-maintenance in a high-traffic area. Plenty of natural light flooding in keeps the space bright and inviting.
At Home with Jarrett and Karen Smith
Jarrett, Karen, and their children, daughter Paige (19), a freshman at MSU, and Tanner (17), a junior at West High, are transplants to Billings from New Mexico. The family researched various areas around the country before deciding to make a move to Billings. When asked why they chose our community, Jarrett said, “The stable economy, size of the community, and Montana’s outdoor activities brought us to Billings, but the people have ensured that we would stay.” The Smith’s have discovered our little slice of heaven under the big sky and plan to be around indefinitely.
- Appliances, Bath Hardware, Plumbing Supplies, Lighting- Ferguson Enterprises
- Architect- Impact Drafting & Design 406.259.2110
- Audio/Video- Smart Home Systems 406.388.0676
- Cabinets/Countertops, Floor Coverings, Tile- Cabinet Works 406.655.8955
- Door Hardware- A & H Turf 406.245.8466
- Doors (Exterior), Windows- Pella Windows & Doors 406.656.1516
- Doors (Interior), Fasteners, Siding, Interior Trim/Hardware Supplies- Thomae Lumber 406.256.0740
- Electrician- Strecker Electric 406.839.6976
- Insulation- D’s Insulation 406.252.6688
- Mirrors, Shower Doors- American Glass 406.652.3020
- Plumber- Precision Plumbing 406.655.9240
- Rain Gutters- Rocky Mountain Rain Gutter 406.252.3419
- Soffit/Fascia- Dustin Davison Construction 406.697.3808
- Stair Railing- Artistic Iron 406.656.7017
- Water Softener- Culligan Water 406.628.6059
- Window Coverings- Billings Best Blinds & Shutters 406.698.8534