Favorite Fall Recipes from Billings OB-GYN StaffCooler weather has settled in, we’ve had our first snow of the season, and families’ menus are adjusting accordingly. If you’ve been searching for some warm, comfort food to help ward off the chill, Billings OB-GYN Associates have compiled a list of their staff’s favorite fall recipes to share with Simply Family’s readers.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 can (2 ¼ oz) sliced or chopped black olives, drained
- 1 can (4 oz) mushrooms, stems and pieces
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage, browned and drained
- 1 package (12 oz) spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cups parmesan cheese
Directions: Sauté onion, green pepper in butter until tender. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, and oregano. Stir in browned Italian sausage and simmer. Place ½ of cooked spaghetti in a 13x9 inch pan. Top with half of vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheddar cheese. Repeat layers. Mix soup and milk. Pour over spaghetti and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 kielbasa
- 1 package (16 oz) wheat penne pasta
- 24 oz your choice of marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning or to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt or to taste
Directions: Saute onion and green pepper. Cook noodles according to package. Cut kielbasa in bite size chunks. Drain noodles and add sauce, kielbasa, onion and green pepper. Add italian seasoning and garlic salt. Cook until all is warm. Serve with garlic bread.
- 1 pound smoked polish sausage, cut into ½-inch slices
- ½ pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (14 ½ oz) beef broth
- 1 can (14 ½ oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked rice
Directions: In a slow cooker (5 quart is ideal) combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in shrimp and rice. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through.
- 1 package enchilada sauce mix
- 1 package corn tortillas
- 1 ½ pound ground beef, browned
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
Directions: Prepare enchilada sauce according to directions. Pour enchilada sauce in bottom of 9x13 inch pan just to cover. Cut tortillas in half. Layer 4 tortilla halves, ground beef, cheese, olives and more enchilada sauce. Repeat layer two more times. Top with tortillas, sauce and cheese. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
What are your family's favorite go-to cooler weather recipes? Share them in the comments below!