ADVERTISING SALES REPRESENTATIVE | .5 FTE /flexible hours
Approximately 20 hours/week ~ flexible hours ~ some working remotely a possibility
Be a part of a growing media company and a top-notch team committed to supporting our community and connecting those who live here through positive local media. Our Advertising Sales Representatives focus on building relationships with local businesses and providing valuable advertising products and marketing consultation to community partners while advancing the Simply Local mission in Billings, MT, and beyond.
What to expect.
All Simply Local positions are created with work/life balance in mind. This position is approximately 20-25 hours per week with a flexible schedule consisting of a work-from-home/collaborative in-office mix in Billings, MT. Those who choose the rewarding task-oriented work that Simply Local requires are part of a collaborative, high, functioning, talented team. We are incredibly proud of our collaborative workplace and “live first” work culture. We believe at Simply Local that living should never be secondary to working.
The ideal candidate.
· Exceptional relationship-building, problem-solving, and communication skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills and a compelling voice that inspires individuals to engage with Simply Local
· Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills
· Flexible but disciplined in managing time and activities, strong multi-tasking skills
· Good organizational skills and strong attention to detail
· Demonstrates initiative and mature judgment
· Creative, inspiring, influencing, collaborative, and responsible
· Passion for being a positive force in the local community
· Energized and inspired by Simply Local’s mission
· A desire to be part of a growing company and open to new projects.
· Eager to be part of a team and lend a hand to your teammates however needed.
Your skill set.
· In-depth knowledge of the media landscape, including general trends and market drivers.
· Experience with packaging marketing and advertising products for businesses of all sizes and assessing and meeting the marketing needs of local businesses.
· Knowledge of print and digital advertising platforms.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Advanced problem-solving skills
· Time management, organization, and self-motivation skills are imperative.
· Computer skills – Microsoft Office, general knowledge of web, and the ability to learn specialized CRM software.
· 1-3 years of sales experience preferred.
A daily snapshot.
· Build relationships with clients and assist them in using our media platform and the products we offer effectively to advance their business.
· Develops and obtains leads for prospective advertisers (retailers, organizations, and advertising agencies) and solicits advertising by presenting concepts and pricing, utilizing required knowledge of customers’ products, services, and needs.
· Managing customer accounts from prospecting to order entry through the billing process.
· Maintaining deadlines and helping our clients to turn in needed ad and editorial materials by deadlines.
· Working with sales team to ensure communication with existing clients is clear, positive, friendly, and effective.
· Overall tracking of timelines and deadlines and ensuring that all are met.
· Completes required documentation and reporting for the internal flow of all orders.
· Maintains a log of daily contacts.
· Provides ongoing servicing of existing clients to ensure satisfactory maintenance and expansion of advertising revenue.
· Negotiating terms of sales and agreements and closing sales with customers
· Gathering market and customer information to figure out the customer's needs
· Responding to customer queries and resolving their objections to earn their business.
· Advising product developers on improvements to include in forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions.
· Creating proposal documents as part of the formal bidding procedure
· Inspecting inventory in stock and the quality of the product on display
· Providing customers with detailed and accurate quotations and cost calculations
· Performs other duties as required.
If this sounds like you, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Advertising Sales Executive”.
Compensation is based on experience.
All individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.