photo by note thanun via Unsplash
Harvest Church to Host Back-to-School Fair
July 26, 2021
Back-to-School Fair | Harvest Church
Saturday, August 14, 2021
3:00 PM— 9:00 PMUTC
Harvest Church is once again hosting a Back-to-School Fair, but this year's event has been supersized, offering more services and resources than ever before! Scheduled for August 14, 2021 from 9am-3pm, this is a first come, first served event.
While the start of a new school year is often exciting, it is also a time filled with nerves, amplified if it's a challenge to get all those (costly) back to school pieces in place. Billed as "a gift to struggling families," Harvest Church notes that even the little things can make a big difference to a child's well-being and trajectory. This Fair makes possible things like a fresh haircut and new outfit that can help start the school year off on the right foot, along with:
- School Supplies
- Healthy Snacks
- Sports Physicals
- Eye exams and vision vouchers
- Dental goodies
- Medicaid paperwork assistance
Here's how it works:
You'll start by picking up a map of services and supplies in the lobby. (Reminder, this is a first come, first served event).
SPACES & PLACES
- School Supplies & Healthy Snack Zone- Go to the gym to fill your backpack, check out the YMCA's obstacle course, and snag some healthy snacks.
- Medical Services- Community partners will be on-site providing dental and eye health assistance. Trailhead Pediatric Dentistry will give away dental goodie bags and help schedule cleanings. Doctors McBride, Steiner and Lebsock, Optometrists will provide a vision voucher toward a pair of glasses at their practice. Strategic Partner, LaVie, will provide free sports physicals.
- Applications & Safety Info- The Montana Department of Health and Human Services will be on hand to help families determine eligibility and apply for Medicaid; WIC will also be available with info. Billings Clinic Trauma Center will provide bicycle safety training for little ones who walk or bike to school. St. Vincent Healthcare will also be available with water safety and nutritional information.
- First Day Ensemble Shopping & Haircuts- The First Day Outfit Store will allow kiddos to choose an outfit for the first day of school (sizes and selections limited), however they want to let your older kids choose their own clothes from the store. So, they'll be happy to provide a gift card for older kids to put toward a new outfit. Finally, head upstairs for a fresh haircut by one of the stylists from Hairborne, Duke's Barbershop, and Hair by Sam from Platinum Salon and Spa.
If you're needing a little help getting your kiddos ready for the new school year, let Harvest be a blessing to your kiddos, from head to toe. There will even be an obstacle course and inflatables for the littles to play on while you wait for supplies and services.